Castelletto di Pedeguarda
Castelletto di Pedeguarda is a small castle built at the beginning of the 14th Century on existing foundations and stands upon a high rise overlooking the valleys of Soligo. It was used as a fortification to defend the castle of Cison di Valmarino, property of the Counts Brandolini since the first half of the 15th Century. Severely damaged in the Second World War, the property was restored and in part rebuilt by the architect Tommaso Buzzi who was given the difficult task of its reconstruction in 1950. Apart from adding a new wing, he redesigned the garden, the loggia and the swimming pool. All the pavements of the property derive from a former Venetian church of the 1200’s and many of the interiors are beautifully frescoed.
Add this property to your Wish List to request more information
Castelletto di Pedeguarda offers guests the opportunity to enjoy gracious Venetian living in a truly unique atmosphere. Guests can delight in the splendid frescoes, Venetian furnishings, gardens and swimming pool. Castelletto di Pedeguarda stands in the “Colli del Prosecco” area, which the Unesco World Heritage listed as protected site in 2019. This is where the Prosecco, the Italian bubbly wine, is produced. Vineyards cover the rolling hills. Innumerable places of interest are to be visited at short distance from the house.
- Large living room decorated with frescoes and beautiful fireplace
- Dining room
- External: Large loggia giving into garden and swimming pool
- The “Contessa” living room
- The “Contessa” bedroom with French size bed and ensuite bathroom
- The “Count” Master bedroom with king size bed and adjoining arched terrace with views over the valley, ensuite bathroom with a large bathtub and shower
- One bedroom with double bed and ensuite bathroom
- One bedroom with French size bed and ensuite bathroom
- Children’s bedroom with double Queen size bed with an ensuite bathroom with bathtub and large terrace overlooking the valley
- “Pheasant” bedroom with Queen size bed – sharing bathroom with the below
- “Pink” bedroom with French size bed – sharing bathroom with the above
- Guest bedroom with two French size bed and ensuite bathroom, adjacent to a living room and also with adjoining loggia with views over the valley
- Staff bedroom with double bed (sharing bathroom with other staff bedroom)
- Staff bedroom with a single bed (sharing bathroom with other staff bedroom)
- There is a TV Set in the Contessa living room.
- BOSE SMALL Speakers – 1 set provided.
- Food & beverages, telephone, personal laundry, chef, laundry maid, heating.
- No pets allowed.
- One housekeeper is included. The housekeeper will take care of bedrooms and light kitchen cleaning and work. Will prepare breakfast.
- Meals can be catered by the excellent Osteria al Castelletto da Clemi.
- Alternatively, a Chef can be organized both to be quoted separately.
- When more than 8 guests an extra housekeeper must be added and settled separately.
- Members of staff have 1 day-off per week (if guests staying more than a week).
- It is possible to add staff upon request. A maid for laundry services is advised.
- Nearest towns are Follina and Solighetto, each at 2 kilometers.
- Pieve di Soligo is a larger town at 4 kilometers
- Conegliano: 18 kilometers
- Treviso: 30 kilometers
- Venice: 60 kilometers
- Cortina d’Ampezzo: 100 kilometers
- Golf Course of Cansiglio: 30 kilometers
- Tennis court available in Pieve di Soligo
- Riding stables nearby