This lovely private villa, built in the 1800's, can be found within an historic 11th century village near to the town of San Casciano dei Bagni in southern Tuscany. The villa is surrounded by olive groves and gardens, with its own private swimming pool, fountain and statuary. The views around the village are exceptional.
The village has been lovingly restored to create a hamlet where one can experience life in a medieval village. Narrow streets lead to a small 16th century church and a private theatre. The village also has an outstanding restaurant, a short walk from the villa, where guests can enjoy special rates during their stay.
Villa del Castello has lovely vaulted ceilings that have been decorated with 19th century style frescoes. The interior is filled with beautiful antique furniture and has a large, comfortable sitting room, with working fireplace and superb views of the surrounding countryside.
The dining room has a beamed ceiling and terracotta tiled floor. There is a wonderful library, complete with working fireplace and stone flagged floors and a fully-equipped kitchen.
The master bedroom suite with brass bed is superb. The suite consists of a beautiful ante-room, with doors through to the dressing room and a door through to the bedroom. There is another dressing room and large bathroom, complete with Victorian bath, walk in shower and marble basins. The guest bedrooms and bathrooms are beautifully decorated. Each bathroom has a bath and shower.
Add this property to your Wish List to request more information
The Villa del Castello is situated on two floors and comprises:
- Entrance hall and cloak room
- Living Room with fireplace
- Dining Room
- Large Kitchen
- Master Suite with king sized bed, two dressing rooms and large bathroom
- One bedroom with queen sized bed and bathroom
- Two bedrooms with twin beds and each with en suite bathroom that have both shower and bathtub
- WiFi and Fax machine Dvd player, stereo and docking station for IPod /IPhone
- Hair dryer in every bathroom
- Satellite Television
Food, beverage, telephone, heating in the colder months, additional staff or cook.
- Included in the rental is 6 days a week maid service (either 1 maid for 3 hours or 2 maids for 1½ hours).
- Extra maid service is available by separate payment
- San Casciano dei Bagni: 5 kilometers
- Palazzone: 3 kilometers A1
- Tollroad: 15 minutes
- Florence: one hour and a quarter - 150 kilometers
- Rome: One hour and a half - 170 kilometers
The Village is surrounded by many picturesque historic cities, villages and towns, each of which is within easy driving distance, such as: San Casciano dei Bagni, Cetona, Montepulciano, Pienza, Montalcino, Orvieto, Citta della Pieve, Cortona, Siena.