Casale della Pace
Add this property to your Wish List to request more information
The villa enjoys a great amount of space both internally and, above all, externally. Large showers, wood beams, oak ceilings and stone doorways all assist in combining to create a unique, luxurious getaway. The spacious kitchen/dining room, provides the latest equip-ment in elegant surroundings. Through two ancient Roman capitols you leave the kitchen and enter the large hall and from there, the double doors open onto an exquisite arched loggia. The huge table of reclaimed oak is a wonderful place to enjoy lunch and look down on the olive groves and the infinity pool below.
Each bedroom and bathroom is dedicated to comfort without losing any of the integral charm of this beautiful house. The bathrooms have magnificent free standing baths, large walk-in showers, antique marble baths and the bedrooms by the four poster beds and antique furniture. The drawing room, a large and extremely spacious room, is furnished with a graceful and understated style. The sofas are deep and comfortable and the supremely beautiful artworks and paintings only add to the atmosphere. The study is charming and more intimate, and the upstairs galleried sitting room with sofas is another beautiful space to retreat from the world.
From two of the first floor terraces you can see castles on the distant hilltops, and it is the ideal place to sip a "Bellini" and drink in the atmosphere. It is difficult not to be overwhelmed by the setting and the stunning far-reaching views to the distant hilltop villages and castles. The pool is set amongst the olive trees, sculpted into the grounds, with an infinity edge that disappears into the spectacular backdrop. Surrounded by over 70 acres of its own land, all fenced to maintain the safety of the natural environment and the protection of the animals that live within the woods, it provides the perfect backdrop for the truly idyllic holiday.
Interior & Grounds
Manor House comprising six Bedrooms with six Bathrooms, large 60ft Drawing Room, Sitting Room/ Study, Kitchen with Dining Ta-ble and Chairs, Hall, upstairs Galleried Hall/Sitting Room, arched Loggia with dining table to seat 14 and additional sofas, Infinity Pool with Pergola and Seating Area, two first floor terraces, one off the Master Bedroom and one off the Galleried Hall. Ground floor terrace and formal garden at front of property, with 70 acres of fenced grounds, including meadows, woodland walk and lake.
Bedroom / Bathroom
- Bedroom 1 - Master Double bed, En-suite bathroom with shower and tub
- Bedroom 2 Double bed, Bathroom with shower and tub
- Bedroom 3 Double bed, En-suite bathroom with shower
- Bedroom 4 Double bed, Bathroom with shower and tub
- Bedroom 5 King size bed (Twin beds pushed together), Bathroom with shower
- Bedroom 6 2 Twin beds, En-suite bathroom
- Maid service for 4 hours daily 6 days a week (not Sunday) included in the rental.
- Additional hours for maid service is available by separate payment and additional staff can be requested to be paid separately.
- A cook or chef are also available by separate payment.
- Nearest airport Perugia: 20 - 25 kilometres
- Train station; Cortona: 15 kilometres
- Local town Mercatale: 8 kilometres
- Umbertide and Cortona: 15 kilometres
- Golf course Antognella: 15 kilometres